1-PHUKET BEACHES (Special Blog
From North to south:
- Hat Mai Khao (Nov to February: sea turtle
- Hat Nai
Yang (Sirinat National Park)
- Surin Beach (the beach clubs have been
razed in 2016, the beach is now protected).
- Kamala beach: some good little restaurants
on the beach.
- Laem Sing beach: downhill and sporty climb
but worth it.
- Patong Beach: lots of activities there.
- Paradise beach: has changed a lot in the
past two years.
- Freedom beach: always a must see if you're
on a long tail boat ride.
- Kata Noi.
- Nai Harn: one of my favorite, lake,
- Ao San: my favorite!!!
- Hat Rawai and its fish market (gypsies of
the sea, see below).
- Banana Beach: rent a long tail boat for the
Rawai Pier day.
- Cap Phanwa: Phuket aquarium, beautiful
ballads to do ...).
2-KAYAK in Phang Nga Bay:
- Be-Help will refer the best providers in
3-DIVING or snorkeling at the
- A must but the national park is open only 6
months a year (late October to early May).
- 30 exceptional diving sites, 10 of which
are ranked in the top 10.
- You can go there from Phuket. Several
diving clubs offer cruises diving a few days on site).
4-RICHELIEU ROCK (diving):
- You can see big (whale sharks ...).
- Considered the best diving site of Thailand
(in the top 10 of the Coust Cousteau).
5-PHUKET CITY (Old Town):
- The market street market of the weekend
from Friday evening to Sunday evening (unavoidable).
- Former Portuguese counter with typical
- Another market on Wirat-hong-Yuk Road
called by the Thai the "Talad Tairod" or the
"Chatutak" (huge market of Bangkok) of Phuket.
- A must for the place but also for the
panoramic sight on all the south (Chalong Bay, Rawai, Kata ..).
- Provide a decent outfit (no matter what the
temple) especially for women but they lend clothes at the entrance (make a
donation when you make them).
- At our entrance to the car park, a place
where the vegan will regale themselves. You serve and you give what you
7-PHI PHI island: Spend a day (and a night):
- Avoid going there for only one day.
- Spend the night and you will find the
tranquility of the island, sunset and sunrise, evenings on the beach ....
8-SUNSETS (Prompthep, radar hill, windmill viewpoint and the WASSA
- Back from a walk on the southern road a
small stop at Radar Hill (the must) or at Prompthep Cape to watch the
sunset over the Andaman Sea.
- A must: in Patong city, the WASSA bar. On
the road above Nanai 2 road (parallel), you climb to the WASSA bar around
17:00 / 17:30 depending on the season to watch the sunset. Magical moment!!
- Another place is great but you have to have
the perfect timing: take the "Chalon Ring" and drive to Karon
beach. You will cross a hill and there you will have an incredible view of
the sun lying in the sea.
9-WAT CHALONG (south of the island):
- Magnificent temple to the south of the
- Since last winter it is covered and it has
been reorganized. More structured, a bit less wild than before, but hey
there is a nice place where you will find any kind of street food not
always cheap (fish, sushi, pad tai ...).
The Night clubs:
- Illusion: the must, very good set.
- Sensation: to be checked (fire last
- Tiger, VIP.....
Have a drink in one of the many bars:
- Heroes bar
- Seth Gueko
- Some Go Go bars (many) including the famous
Suzy Wong, Devil's Playground, Harem, Exotica, Club Lover ... they are
part of the nightlife.
- Open bars, music, girls, dance, drinks ...
Ambiance without taking the lead.
PARADISE, the LGBT district (going up
Rat unit road
from Bangla, very large tower in the center of the district):
- Gay and GLBT friendly. Bars, discos and
- Going up Rat Unit road from Bangla, on the
right, very large central tower above the neighborhood.
Travesti and ladyboys: to see (at the exit of
There spend the evening, big "factory"
but the show is
- Siam Niramit
Another cabaret is in Bangkok.
12-GIBBON REHABILITATION project (north west of the island):
- Since 1992, this center has protected and
repopulated the island of Phuket with this magnificent animal.
- You can "adopt" one and / or
participate in the operation of this center.
- A useful visit that will delight children
13-MUAY THAI BOXING: Fight or training camps
- Insular capital of Thai national sport.
evenings a week.
- Do it for the atmosphere.
- Soi Ta-ied (North of Chalong) to be
discovered, fighting is proposed but especially many training centers
including the TIGER, UNIT 27 ... an interesting, peaceful street dedicated
to combat sports but also to cross-fit, fitness And tattoos with one of
the best if not the best salon in Thailand, CHALONG INK.
14-THAI COOKING CLASS:
- Very friendly for a half or a day see more.
- You will learn to make the best dishes
- Present in all parts of the island: Patong,
hotels also offer.
- Magnificent view and the elephant temple on
17-SOI DOG FOUNDATION:
- They save dogs and cats from mistreatment,
escheat, but also repair injured animals.
- They also advocate for better animal
treatment in Asia in general.
18-PHUKET AQUARIUM (Cape Panwa):
- Ideal output on a rainy day.
- With the famous tunnel where you are
surrounded by water and magnificent fish.
19-PHUKET ELEPHANT SANCTUARY:
- Reservation obligatory before any visit.
- North east of the island.
- A must to
- If you happen to be in the daytime,
the SOI DOG foundation, the GIBBON rehabilitation
project and the Phuket ELEPHANT sanctuary, you will have a
wonderful day full of good vibrations with the feeling of being
everyone but you will find in the island the best tattoo artists of Thailand.
lounges in Phuket.
Do not hesitate
to ask me if you want some good addresses with the specialties of each one.